How much is U-Haul’s late fee for a couple of hours?
U-Haul doesn’t exactly have a late fee per se. But if the equipment is returned later than the agreed-upon drop off time, it is the daily rate for In-Town rentals ($19.95, 29.95, etc) every 24 hours the equipment remains unreturned, or if you are an expected-in one way, it’s $40.00 every 24 hours for trucks and $20.00 every 24 hours for trailers, plus SafeMove ($14) or SafeMove Plus ($28) every 24 hours if opted in also. In other words, communicate with your drop-off location when you think you’ll return the equipment. Sometimes they may even work with you within reason just because you’re making everyone’s lives easier.
What are the top 5 U-Haul alternatives for moving?
- Consolidated moving via a moving company: A consolidated move means your cargo will be sharing the truck with someone else’s going in the same direction. This is much cheaper than a regular move (where you have exclusive use of the truck) and is ideal for smaller moves. It is also a good option if you are in no hurry to get your goods.
- Moving Containers: Moving containers are also much cheaper than a regular moving company service. Like U-Haul, you need to load and unload your stuff with one major difference – you don’t have to drive. Companies such as PODs and Big Steel Box provide you with the container and pick-up and deliver the same. Many moving companies such as United also offer this type of service for budget-conscious individuals.
- Moving Truck Rentals: Many moving companies offer friendly rates for a moving truck with movers. This is ideal for local moves and the rate is hourly. With this type of package, you usually can calculate your moving expenses and there should be no add-on costs, unless disclosed by the company prior to the move. Prices vary from one company to another based on the size of the truck and the number of movers.
- Ryder and Penske. Both have really good, solid trucks that are as pleasant as a truck can be to drive. Their staff are knowledgeable and they sell boxes, as well as having dollys available for larger stuff like your refrigerator.
- Typical Car Rental Companies: Avis, Budget, etc...
Shop or rent moving equipment at our store below: