Effective Airbnb Residential Cleaning and cost
Airbnb Rental is growing very fast and creates new opportunities for home owners to make extra money from their rental properties, extra rooms or even their own home when they are on vacation. It also creates new opportunities for cleaning companies to book new and regular clients for cleaning services. The problem is how do you optimize your Airbnb Rental properties cleaning services to provide a world class clean house and rooms to your guests? As an experienced Airbnb hosts for more than 3 years and having hosted hundreds of people from all over the world, I have learnt and discovered some interesting things about Airbnb Residential cleaning.In this blog, we will address the following questions:
- What are the pros and cons of Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- How to optimize your Airbnb Residential Cleaning services?
- How to clean quickly during back to back Airbnb booking on the same day?
- When and How to hire cleaners for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- What to charge guests for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- What are the products to buy for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- What is the cost of Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
What are the pros and cons of Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- You are cleaning your own property that you know very well
- You are motivated to do the best cleaning job possible because getting your property booked depends on it
- You can hire professional cleaners to do the job and create jobs
- Cleaning your property consistently to above average standard is good maintenance and gives good value to your hone in the long run
- If you live in the house that you rent, you will be leaving in a clean house regularly
- Save on cleaning products by buying them in bulk
- Cleaning a house to above average is hard work and depending of the size of your property, you need to dedicate at least 2 hours to cleaning it before hosting any guests
- If you can't clean yourself, you will have to hire professional cleaners and that can be expensive, depending on your location
- Some guests are very picky and might complain and give you bad reviews for cleaning
- Some guests don't use all linens and towels but move them around and you have to re-clean and rewash them whether they have been used or not
- If you host to large groups, the property can be very dirty and cleaning it becomes a very difficult job.
How to optimize your Airbnb Residential Cleaning services?
- Have clean linens and towels ready for each booking
- Have a sequence of things to do and follow it. We usually start with collecting all dirty laundry and put them in the washer, then vacuum rooms and put new linens and towels; then clean washrooms, kitchen, vacuum common areas, clean entrance and garage. Write the sequence down and pass it to new cleaners.
- Keep an inventory of cleaning products, paper towels, linens, towels, washrooms items, and buy them in bulk and have them ready before cleaning.
How to clean quickly during back to back Airbnb booking on the same day?
Back to back booking mean a guest leaves at around 11am and new guest arrive at around 01pm leaving you only a 2 hours windows to have your property ready.
- Check your inventory and make sure you have enough clean linens, towels, soap, cleaning products, paper towels ready.
- Check you booking calendar and make sure that you can be available to clean for the 2 hours windows between back to back bookings.
- Have a backup cleaner ready to call if you are unable to clean and finish the job on time.
- Some guest leave early, but you usually don't know until you ask them. If they leave early, start cleaning early to give yourself time to finish the job properly.
- Some guest check in later than usual, but you usually don't know until you ask them. If you know the exact check in time for new guests, that gives you enough information to plan your cleaning and finish on time.
When and How to hire cleaners for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- If you know that, you cannot do a good cleaning job yourself, hire pro cleaners
- If you are unavailable to clean, hire pro cleaners.
- Use web site like google, craigslist, kijiji to hire cleaners. Read their reviews and ask for reference.
- If you hire pro cleaners, give them a tour of the house and be with them during their first cleaning sessions to make sure that they don't miss anything.
- Read guests reviews and pass the feedback to your pro cleaners so they can do a better job for their next cleaning jobs.
- Always have at least 2 pro cleaners available to call at any time
What to charge for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?This depends on the size of your property. The minimum cost to charge your guest should be at least $50 for single room, because cleaning is at least a 2 hour job. For 2 to 3 bedroom suites or house, charge at least $100 depending of the size of the property.
What products to buy for Airbnb Residential Cleaning?
- A good vacuum cleaner
- Wash cloth (Buy in bulk)
- Detergent (Buy in bulk)
- Bathroom cleaning product (buy in bulk)
- Laminate or hardwood floor cleaning products
- Glass cleaning products
- Air refresher/ deodorant for home and washroom
- Trash bags (in bulk)
- dishwasher detergent
What is the cost of Airbnb Residential Cleaning?Airbnb cleaning must be of high quality standard to ensure good ratings and reviews. To make sure that you have a rating of at least 4.8 in average, you need a subpar cleaning service. As a cleaning company, change clients based on regularity of cleaning jobs. If you are hired to clean the same house consistently on a long term, consider charging at a discounted rate. The estimate for cleaning an Airbnb rental property should be based on a 2 persons crew working at minimum wage for at lest 2 hours. The rate will vary of course depending of the size of the property. In average , below are the rates to charge for Airbnb Residential cleaning services:
- 1 single bedroom suite: $50
- 2 bedrooms apartments: $80
- 3 bedroom house or apartment:$100
- 4 bedrooms house: $130